Thursday, November 11, 2004

Another comment on the new "potential" update

I like Listerines comment posted in the "comments" section of my previous post. And a few of you have posted in the box to the right. I think overall, to some degree, these changes can make or break several players that play Lin now. Without a doubt, the hunting tactics are going to have to change far more drastically. Since there really is no update for Knights or Royalty, yes, this update is going to be primarily another mage and elf update. Overall, the argument is that it's making Lineage a more balanced game.

I agree to that.

But since I don't play either one of the classes that are recieving the "special" treatment on the next episode, I'm going to limit my personal thoughts any further - I think you all that play the classes will have A LOT MORE to say about it once it comes out. I reviewed the changes yet again to see to what degree the changes might have in regards to gameplay - for the lower level players, it'll be a two way street (the higher level summons being summoned at a lower level is pretty cool, but the mp cost of magics might cause a need to regen more often) and for the higher level players...well...I'll let them speak when the updates roll out.

The biggest stunner without a doubt for the elves is the inclusion of sgems for the use of NB. Unless the drop rate is increased, you can expect the cost of sgems to skyrocket before the update.

And Episode III is already on Korean Test - which is super fast. We might see the update here as early as January. But knowing NC, I wouldn't be suprised if it held out till the Spring. With that said....start saving up those mgems and sgems. Someone might get rich O.O!

1 comment: