Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Thoughts on the "potential" new release of EpIII

I was looking over very carefully the list from Wae's site that shows the various changes that "might" occur for the Episode III content. First of all, don't ask me about release date - I have no earthly clue. I am suprised though at how quickly they are putting together material and releasing to Korean test servers; prior to, those type of updates would be few and far between.

I think the biggest stunner thus far has been for mages and elves. The shear overhaul of the ENTIRE casting cost of magic for both classes is amazing. As I was reviewing them, it appears that the more stronger magic used for pvp or pk'ing will be increased in casting cost of mana and the duration shortened. As for elves, they are potentially adding the use of mgems/spirit gems to cast magics that didn't require it before and the casting cost is increased as well.

Quite frankly, I don't blame NC. Why? Any magic that can kill players with one cast is unfair. Completely unfair. I keep reading how mages get nerfed and the only nerf that I have ever been able to see is that "soft" ac. Then all of a sudden spell power was boosted so that a few mages in coi, casting coc, can pretty much instantly kill anyone they want. Elves can't do that. Knights can't do that. Royalty can't do that. Dark Elves CAN do that, but they were DESIGNED to do just that.

I mean come on - elves can cast nb which essentially gives them the same hp and some bosses out there (and elf with 600 hp, casting nb 20 times - you do the math), dark elves can kill with one burn, mages can knock off 500+ hp with one Destroy strike - but knights and princes? I think it's only fair that we get a sword that does 400 to 500 hp damage per hit that doesn't evaporate after we use it -.-.

1 comment:

  1. 600hp elves are 58+ [con elves, not dex and i'm willing to bet there are more dex then con out there (not a ton, but prob at least 1/2 a dozen on each server)], 20 nbs = 400mp...hell chance is lvl 65 on ken server and has 275mp. There are no 60+ elves on dep, and prob not many close ... maybe 57 highest. So saying u have 20 nbs is crazy, and even still i solo 1 fi drake ... thats all my mp (220).

    I do agree with some of the updates they are implimenting, but i'm a NB elf and if they make it cost SG to cast NB then i won't be playing elf anymore. I love elf so much, but the whole point i started 1 was so 1 day i could use nice magic to heal myself and solo hunt (fi/toi).

    I've played knight since i started this game till i made my elf, and i loved it. The whole point of knight...aka...tanks is to take damage. They aren't ment to have +127 doom blade. They are front line, damage dealing, sword slinging mofos.

    I just hope they do a lot of reviewing on the k-test server and realize how making some of these updates will seriously hurt the game. And for the arguement of there not being enough 50+ wind/earth/fire elves,,,its the person's choice to make what line they want. And for others to bitch about it just shows their selfishness. Those lines are mainly for the purpose of serving others.

    ReplyDelete