Thursday, August 26, 2004

Hmmm...question for all...andside note...

I get asked many times, not even logging in for 15 seconds, "Yo, what boss end?" How the hell should I know? I just logged in \./ Anyway, for those of you care, I don't camp bosses anymore - I just hella check them and on occassion, get lucky. For those of you who ask me about taking them boss hunting - sorry guys, I don't "hunt" them per se - I just run and check like everyone else now. But most of you know I love bosses. They're what make the game for me.

My question for you - outside of the Caspa and Dark Elder drops, have any new BOSS items dropped yet? Any of the staffs? Swords? I have several mages who have already told me they would pay me top dollar for 2 of the new staffs - the Ice Queen staff and the Demon staff - the other staffs are so-so. I recall that Beleth or Bapho armor dropped, but that was like a long time ago and they have no uber advantage. Just wondering.

On a side note, and I'm sharing this with all Lineage players regarding boss drops, I've noticed a relatively familiar pattern in regards to what bosses drop and when. And this applies to the Caspa group as well. Everyone knows that the Caspa group drops bzell/bdais, right? Well in regards to rarity, it goes something like this for Caspa - bzell/bdai, amulets, clothing (cap.robe), then the rings (rotc, ropc). Now with the nerfs, I'm almost postive the rings most likely drop only once a year - prior to the nerf, it was about every 3 to 4 months. Anyway, to get on with my point, the decent drops from bosses appear to come every 3rd or 4th week of their spawn cycle.

In other words, let's use today as an example. If today were the start-off example, then bosses would not drop decently for another 3 to 4 weeks. What I mean by decent like ant queen dropping Death Knight boots or Decay Potion spellbook. The last good item that I am aware of from Ant Queen were Death Knight boots - I think Kusang got them as a drop. Prior to that, about 3 weeks, I had gotten Decay from Ice Queen. So definitely, it's cyclical. I'm guessing every 3rd week spawn(+/- 3 days) has the particular spawn that drops well. The others are mostly junk.

Again, this is my hypothesis, but I could be wrong. I just have noticed that this seems to be the rate. For example, I saw some selling a Balthazur cap recently. I know this was a fresh drop. Prior to that, it was about 2 1/2 weeks when Caspa dropped his cap. Everything in between was amulets, zells, dais, and junk.

If you have a different theory, let me know - I'd like to check it out.

1 comment: