Thursday, December 09, 2004

So I'm standing in line during my lunch hour....(not Lin related, but addressed to Lin players)

....because I had just gotten some money from the bank (my bank is located inside the grocery store O.o) and I had just bought a few things and was now standing in line with a dollar bill in hand to buy a lottery ticket (yes, I am one of the mass hordes that still attempt to get rich quick, while apparently assisting the government with improvements in education and roadside maintenance). Well, as I'm waiting, I see a woman stationed right outside the exit door, sitting down with some brochures and a little box accepting donations for the local women's shelter(abused wives, single mothers, etc). So I said, "Screw the lotto" and promptly walked out and slip my dollar in the donation box. The Cali lotto can wait another week.

So all you Lin players, don't forget - you're lucky enough to spend your time and money on a video game; there ARE less fortunate out there that could use that $15 for food, clothing, and god knows what else. And if you don't have enough to give this year, then save up and give'em $2 bucks next year. Dont' forget, Santa's watching!

/afterschool-special message off

No comments:

Post a Comment