Wednesday, July 07, 2004

As per request, a copy of the HoC chat from last night :)


Enjoy :)




^J^ - Good evening and welcome to another Stratics house of commons chat. Tonight our guests are the developers of Lineage! The topic will just be general discussion so all questions about the game are welcome.
^J^ - Remember, this is for Lineage, not for Lineage II, so make sure your questions pertain to Lineage.
^J^ - Please send said questions to [QT]Calelena or [QT]Insivion. Questions sent to myself or the developers will not make it into the lineup, so don't bother. Full logs of the chat will be up on www.stratics.com shortly after the chat.
^J^ - So, without further ado, we'll start with a brief introduction from the developers. Now would be a good time to send in those questions!
captsturm - Hi, I'm CaptSturm--Producer for Lineage, North America. Welcome!
Kyzah - Hello everyone, Kyzah here, Community Coordinator for Lineage I in the US; hope you all had a nice weekend and still have all of your fingers and toes! ;) Good to see everyone tonight!


^J^ - now that lineage 2 is out how do you plan to keep the lineage fan base from going to l2
captsturm - Interesting question--I think that Lineage 1 and Lineage 2 offer a different play experience
captsturm - People that need cutting edge graphics will flock to L2, no doubt.
captsturm - But there's an appeal to Lineage 1 that simply can't be quenched by anything other than L1
captsturm - We're going to continue delivering content in the tradition of the last 12 episodes, and in the same manner as the first episode of the second part of Lineage 1
captsturm - Hopefully, the players that are interested in L2 will stay part of the NC community, while new Lineage 1 users find their way to our product through word of mouth or buzz generated by our other products.

^J^ - thanks for the quick fix of the mac test client. the question everyone wants to ask. any estimate to the publish of episode 2?
captsturm - Its still a bit too early to make a responsible prediction on this. We have a bug or two still in the mac client--I hope to have yet another version published out to test server tomorrow.
captsturm - We're also re-working the guide book and re-working the installer client as well and these are both ongoing issues
captsturm - but...we're much closer. :^)

^J^ - Just a reminder, keep those questions coming in to [QT]Calelena and [QT]Insivion !
^J^ - any info to pass along on the new pet evolution system? would a lv 48 pet elvolved be the same as a lv 30 dob elvolved? will the pet ai be improved to let them use healing potions everytime they are attacked, not just once in a while? if an elvolved pet looses half of it's hp, pet ai will be very important to a pets survival.
captsturm - No detailed information to share, we continue to evaluate this on test and have someone generating internal docs on this. The idea is that the balance is preserved in spite of the hp changes that take place as a pet evolves.
captsturm - I'd encourage anyone interested to look on test and play around with the new features--its a fun diversion.

^J^ - how do you think you will try to keep lineage 1 different from lineage 2
captsturm - I think they've got a different pacing, the pvp system is a bit different
captsturm - and Lineage 1 has an advantage in being the older, more developed game
captsturm - Lineage 2, on the other hand, has a separate dev and design team thinking up new and creative content for that game

^J^ - If I now start playing L2 it could happen same thing than UXO!
captsturm - If you're asking if we'll be shutting down L2 anytime soon, the answer is not at all. Our numbers are great, we're still growing, new content on the way.
captsturm - We've definitely got a bright future ahead.

^J^ - Q: Live server bosses are often dropping 1 lines of useless items. Any plans to up the item drop rates for bosses?
* ChanServ sets mode: +o AlGhouti *
captsturm - The boss drops were modified to give rare items at a low probabilty--its that whole lottery ticket thing. Most of the time, you may not get much--but when you do, its big.
captsturm - For LoA, we'll likely look at possible changes post episode 2. However, I don't see the bosses dropping like pinatas.

^J^ - Q: When is the lineage fiction going to be available via the official website.
captsturm - That's not on our current task list, but it is something that I would like to see. I'd like to see it delivered in an ongoing basis, but it comes done to finding time from someone to pull that together with everything else that's going on.
captsturm - But, I too am a big fan of the fiction--I'll make a note to myself to follow up on this one.

^J^ - In reference to the crackdown on hacks/etc, do you see any possibility of requiring the US client in accessing the US servers, rather than allowing any client to access the US servers?
captsturm - I think that would be a possiblity, but have received no indication that this will happen. Currently, we attack the problem primarily from a Customer Service approach.

^J^ - Remember, keep those questions coming to [QT]Insivion and [QT]Calelena!
^J^ - *jetuser* with the emergence of the recent ragnarok online anime... do you think there will be a possibiliy of a lineage show?
captsturm - Man, I'd hope so. What would be better than that?
captsturm - But, if anything is in the works, the marketing and PR folks are keeping me in the dark.

^J^ - Any idea when we DEs will see any new daggers, if at all?
captsturm - I don't know of anything specific to DE's coming with next episode, but I've considered some "magical weapons" on LoA--nothing firm yet, just the brainstorming of new items.

^J^ - *Seither* Is the personal store feature going to be added? Because it surely wasn't added to the Ep. 2 update on the U.S. Test Server. Or has it just been thrown out all together?
captsturm - That feature won't be promoted to the US Main Servers (or test for that matter) until it's completed dev team testing on the Korean Test Server.
captsturm - Once they publish it to KMS, we'll grab it up and publish it here (assuming that it does make it to the main server).
captsturm - In unrelated news...
captsturm - I have recently been granted a promotion here at work--I'm now the publishing manager for all of our North American products.
captsturm - This doesn't really impact what's going on with Lineage 1, other than I'll be getting a bit of help. It does mean I have a ton more work and am working with both the City of Heroes and Lineage 2 teams in an ongoing basis.
captsturm - I really owe a debt of gratitude to the Lineage 1 players who have supported all that we've done--it's been great so far and I'm really looking forward to the next several years.

^J^ - Remember, keep those questions coming in to [QT]Calelena and [QT]Insivion!!
^J^ - with more of your time taken up with C0H and L2, how is this going to impact your planned changed on LoA?
captsturm - I really think it'll be minimal. I rely on the community for much of the content ideas as it is, and if needed I'll put in a little weekend time if needed.
captsturm - I still have a lot I'd like to get done in regards to LoA.

^J^ - Well, as a Elf, I am still looking forward to the MetorStorm Bows (kidding), but I think you have done great on LoA. Now if your example can be feed to support, it will be a perfect world. I saw where you and Kyzah have been talking to the Support Admin Team about the issue being posted on the boards - in your opinion only, do you see some of those issues relating to the lack of consistancy from
captsturm - We do speak with the CS team on a frequent basis and communicate these types of concerns.
captsturm - Now, I do feel in some instances that CS could probably do a better job (and I know at times I could too) but I think they're commited to doing a good job.
captsturm - I also know that sometimes they get a bad rap, I've been PM'ed about issues, such as "They never do anything about X bot user!" only to check and find out that the bot user has in fact been banned.
captsturm - At the end of the day, the CS manager, Rock, is responsible for his team. He's been very open to feedback and specific criticisms of his team. I truly recommend anyone having issues to contact him with details and I trust he'll give it proper consideration.
captsturm - I continue to have frequent contact with the GM lead as well.

^J^ - no one is making elemental cloaks due to the large amount of dragon scales needed (3)... is there any chance the amount of scales needed could be reduced?
captsturm - I've not heard this issue before today, and have not heard that changes are planned from the dev team. I can explore options on LoA regarding this.
captsturm - (Kyzah informs me this is a current topic of discussion on the boards and we'll see what is possible).

^J^ - after things calm down, anyway you can add some info about Turtle Island onto the server?
captsturm - After episode 2, I'm open to making changes and improvements based on the player feedback--post your suggestions and I'll definitely look them over.

^J^ - Well, that's all the questions we have for this evening... but I hear the captain is quite the joker.... capt, would you mind telling us a joke?
captsturm - Okay, how many dark elves does it take to change a light bulb?
Kyzah - I don't know Capt; how many?
captsturm - HAH--none, they pK you and take your candles!!
captsturm - HAHAHAAH!!
Kyzah - If they didn't before, I'm sure they're going to PK you now...

^J^ - Poor capt... better guard your candles tonight!
^J^ - I'd like to thank everyone for coming out to our House of Commons chat, and special thanks to the devs for answering the questions!
^J^ - General discussion can be found in #lineage, so be sure to stop by!
captsturm - Sorry for the terrible joke--but I thank you for attending and hope everyone had a great weekend. See you in the game!
Kyzah - Thanks for coming out tonight everyone, hope you enjoyed the chat! See you in-game and on the boards! :)
Kyzah - *You're* sorry...
Kyzah - ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment