Friday, July 09, 2004

Question:How do you evolve your dog? submitted by Buffer

How do you evolve your dog? submitted by Buffer


Good question. Here's my answer - from what I know :) First of all, your pet, regardless of class, has to be level 30 or above. In the next episode update, there will be a particular NPC seller in Aden that carries "fruit of evolution" or something along those lines. I don't play test, so I have no idea as to the exact location of the NPC.

Purchase the fruit and feed it to your pet. Voila! You're done. You're pet has evolved.

So, what are the benefits? Well, first of all, your newly evolved pet can now wear armor and attack teeth. The armor will increase the AC for your pet while the attack teeth will increase damage done to your target. There are several versions of armor and attack teeth - some designed for melee attack while others increase the INT of certain pets that cast magic.

Some items of note when thinking about evolving your pet:
#1 - You can only evolve your pet if it's above level 30 - once evolved, the pet will return back to level one! It does not matter if you evolve a pet that's level 48 or 30 - they'll all revert back to level one. A higher level pet that evolves does not mean it will have greater attack strength. It's all the same.
#2 - Once you evolve your pet, you cannot un-evolve them. Once it's done, it's done.
#3 - I strongly recommend, for those of you with pets level 45+, to make a back up set of pets and level them to 30 so that you may test and weigh whether or not you want to continue hunting with your high level pets or the evolved ones.
#4 - ***I originally heard that this was true, but now I believe it to be a rumor and I do not see this actually occurring*** It was once thought that a disadvantage that evolved pets would have would be that upon leveling up, the pets would have half the mp and hp as they did prior to evolution. However, I'm feeling less and less convinced this is the case - I've seen numerous screenshots of various pets that all have about the same hp/mp - if not slightly more - as they did prior to evolution. This is why I recommend you all try and make back up pets to level 30 and test them. Dobermans level fast so I suggest you try them to level 30 first - only takes about a week or 2 at longest, under less than average to average game play time.

Any more questions?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:19 PM

    wicked, in order to get the fruit u need to do a mini-quest I believe, I'm not sure I'll find out a little more then post it on a comment for ya
    -Gizmo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:03 PM

    Sweet dude - let me know and I'll post and give you credit for it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:23 AM

    Looking for information and found it at this great site... asian anal zoloft Management consultants selling an insurance agency business

    ReplyDelete