Monday, March 28, 2005

Sorry for not posting....

I been pre-occupied paying attention to the Schiavo case. From my previous experience as an Executive Director within a certain company, I have on many occassions seen people in Ms. Schiavo's condition hundreds of times. What makes it personal to me? As a former Director, I've had to administer right to die cases before - we had what were called DNR's that I had to enforce - signed documentation by the individual in question, 2 witnesses, and an attorney. Oh yah, DNR = Do No Resuscitate. I have on several occassions stopped the revival of human beings because of that signed order. I HAVE on several occassions revived human beings when, even with a DNR, IF the person in question udders one word "help," then the DNR goes out the door. I have dealt with people that are in a vegetative state where a DNR has applied - but I always use to call doctors, attorneys, and family members to make sure that THEY are sure they want to go through with it. 100% have said yes.

Why am I telling you all about a very personal side of my life that I do not normally share?

Because some fucking morons out there are trying to make the Schiavo case into a political ploy.

It's not.

It's about human morality, civility, humanity, sensability, and compassion.

You either have it or you don't.

1 comment: