Monday, October 03, 2005

Monday Schmundee and stuff


I did something Friday night with a group of people that had to be one of the most exciting, fun things I've done in a very long time. We went for a night bike (motorcycle that is) ride to the lake. We drove out to a place called The Oasis Cantina. They have like 40 wooden decks overlooking Lake Travis. The food isn't spectacular but the views are. We had a drink and appetizers, then took off to explore. There's something about riding at night with the wind in your face and nothing but the sound of your bike, or in this case the bikes around me, that gives me a feeling of serenity. Such freedom I guess. We rode for about 3 hours, maybe a bit more, then back to my friend's house on the lake. We played poker, catch phrase and a card game called Presidents. That is a blast, especially when the bitch (yeah, that's what the loser is called) has to take a shot every time they get dubbed THE BIAAAATCH! I lost count....think I slept a couple of hours, got up around 5:30 a.m., made a very strong pot of coffee and walked down to the lake, sat on the boat and watched the world come alive. I saw several groups of deer (groups? whatever a bunch of them together are called), armadillos, mega squirrels and fish jumping all over the place. The sunrise was absolutely gorgeous. Needless to say I enjoyed it very much and can't wait to do it again.

Some puppy and kitty stuff.......




























































































And this, filched from http://myah.blogspot.com/ :
3 answers

Body: Three Names You Go By:
1. K
2. peanuts (I'm a huge Charlie Brown fan)
3. shorty (my best friend is 6'7". I am not...)

Three Parts of Your Heritage:
1. English
2. French
3. Kickapoo Indian

Three Things That Scare You:
1. cockroaches
2. not being able to complete my list of things to do in life before I die
3. never experiencing true love

Three of Your Every Day Essentials:
1. a shower....
2. lotion
3. laughter

Three Things You Are Wearing Right Now:
1. vanilla body spray
2. tank top
3. jeans

Three of Your Favorite Bands or Musical Artists (at the moment):
1. Zero 7
2. Foo Fighters
3. Counting Crows

Three of Your Favorite Songs (at the moment):
1. Doesn't Remind Me
2. Disenchanted Lullaby
3. Sullivan Street

Three Things You Want In a Relationship (other than Real Love...haha b/c we know that doesn't exist):
1. it does exist
2. cooking together naked and feeding each other
3. laying in bed telling each other stories

Two Truths and a Lie (not in that particular order):
1. I have some really good friends
2. I hate liver and onions
3. life is short

And.....things I love about the state in which I live.












I've always liked the city at night.















River floating.....





















One of the oldest dance halls.


















Regardless of what you've been told, there are mountains here. I'm sure it's just me but I love endless roads....












It's true, there is surfing to be had.













What a way to start the day....










And so much more but I won't go on about it. I'm sure everyone loves things about where they live.

With that, I bid you adieu. Have a wonderful day.
K

4 comments:

  1. Whooooa, nice post there K! Very very cool (that bulldog pup with the collar is the BEST! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:21 PM

    I'm a little worried....does that dog in the red blanket popping a "red rocket"??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:05 PM

    First time I've seen your blog...Thanks for sharing all that stuff. It's great to imagine you having so much fun riding the bikes out to the lake and watching the sunrise and hanging out with friends,and I love your enthusiasm for life and your excitement about pumpkin carving and scary movies. I also enjoyed your list of three's. Perhaps you'll find true love. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:26 PM

    Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

    ReplyDelete