Monday, October 24, 2005

Relaxing weekends are what it's all about.....


I'd like to thank blogger-x for letting me hang around and intrude on his chillaxfactor for a bit this past weekend. Breakfast was awesome, movies were great and I hope I didn't yap your ears off but if I did, thanks for not making a big deal about it. If I ever make it back, I'm going to eat every nacho on my plate and we're gonna go back to hang out with "Michelob guy" at the best sports bar ever!! hahaha....that was hilarious. You were a great host so thanks thanks thanks!

After that, well I can't say it was uber relaxing but it was fun to see my adopted family and watch grown men and women make complete fools of themselves. I'm still recouping so I couldn't participate like I would've normally, but sometimes it's awesome just to sit back and watch it all. They had the hammocks out so I claimed mine, fell asleep a few times....cause really tired I was. Painted my goddaughter's toenails and let her "paint" mine (the toenail and the skin look quite lovely painted red, thank you) because she wouldn't go to bed otherwise. Played laser tag with my godson, again to get him to go to bed because it's already midnight and although bedtime on weekends is very negotiable with me, when the whining starts you gotta know it's time for bed sweety.
I knew it would happen, so at 1:30 a.m. when the "I could kick your ass if we played poker right now" talk started, I was ready. They didn't know I've been getting some schoolin from my friends, and although I'm no Joe Hachem I did end up walking away with freaking 302 cents in my pocket thank you very much! We play with pennies because, well because the way these peeps are you could go broke. Finally felt hungry enough to eat some grilled what nots, talked a bit more, then passed out.
At 6:00 I showered, packed up my shit and headed for the beach because dammit!! I haven't been there in too long and wasn't going to be that close and not go. omg it's just so freaking beautiful. Okay, it's not Cali, and it's not Cancun, and it's not Galapagos, but it's beautiful nonetheless. It was about 85 and the breeze was great. I drove down as far as I dared without getting stuck, parked the rental, walked for a couple of hours then laid on the back of the car in the sun. I knew everyone was heading down but they weren't getting there until after noon or so....slackers can't get their asses up....and I thoroughly enjoyed the alone time. Sometimes it helps to be in a place that centers you and the ocean's always been that for me. The water's constant movement and sounds, the breeze on your face and skin, the birds and the occasional passerbys is all so calming. I wanted to stay there but good things come to an end eventually. When everyone showed up, we had lunch at the house and then went to look at sandcastles.
Okay, seriously now....how?

It's amazing to see some of those creations. I swear they've used cement but incredibly, it's just the right mixture of sand and water. How do they do that? Damn amazing to me..... and I thought my body sculpted in the sand was cool!! pfft laaaameo...I hated to leave and debated staying another day but I had things to do so I ended up catching the last flight out. It's chilly here! I got to wear my cords and boots today. mmmmm so comfy.

Overall it was a great weekend. Thanks again blogger-x, my renegade family and the airlines for not losing my luggage. And Wicked, you're just too awesome....

hope y'all are having a great Monday. =< ^~.~^>=



7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:43 PM

    i see schlitterbahn in the castle! even though it isn't anywhere near south padre island heh. New Braunfels is hardly as cool as SPI. Those badboys look like they'd take forever to make. I like making the good ol fashioned mound of sand myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:17 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:27 AM

    misspelled auctions????? what...pray tell is a misspelled auction?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! I love those.

    Click here to enlarge the size of your penis by at least 10%. I want you to click here. Aren't you listening to me, damn it?!? I said click here. Do it now! For the love of God, click here!!!!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, one hella long post there Alvi. It was my pleasure to play host fer a bit, you were an understandin guest. You KNOW Im hittin that bar like a regular now! Stickin out like a sore thumb is kool...I suggest everyone do it..SOBER!! Stop by anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:52 PM

    P.S. Kool pic of Neon Genesis Eva
    Blogger-x

    ReplyDelete