Wednesday, January 05, 2005

EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena)

Ok, this is how this post is related to Lineage. I'm at work and I thought since my boss was out, I would log on for a sec to chat a little bit. Then I realized the network was down due some error in the earlier update.

So ho-hum, I do some searching when I stumble across an ad for that movie White Noise. I've known about EVP's since I was a kid. Ok, wait, I need to give you all some background. I AM HORRIFIED OF SCARY MOVIES. I CANNOT STOMACH THEM. I TRY SUPER DUPER HARD, BUT I END UP WASTING MOST OF MY MONEY ON THE MOVIE BECAUSE I WEAR MY BASEBALL CAP AND COVER MY EYES - IN 99% OF THE SCARY MOVIES I HAVE SEEN, I END UP WATCHING EITHER THE VERY BOTTOM RIGHT, OR LEFT, CORNER OF THE SCREEN BECAUSE I GET TOO SCARED FOR THE ENTIRE MOVIE. So there you go. I'm not ashamed. And don't laugh at me or I'll send Popo to beat you up.

Anyway, I've always been fascinated with religion and ghosts and stuff. I don't know why - I just am (my Textamerica site shows actual pics of the Dead Sea Scrolls that I took while at a museum in Houston over the holidays). Anyway, I decided to a little search for EVP's on the internet and I must say, it's wild.

There is a site that has a program that helps you decipher your OWN EVP's - you don't need any fancy equipment - you can use your computer and your computer microphone to do the sound recording - the program breaks the sounds down for you anyway you want and you can check it for EVP's. (Yes, I watch that stupid show, Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi Chanel - that show is DUMB).

I'll link the site later and in the site, there's another link for you to go and get that program. I kept reading and reading and looking at ghost pics and listening to recordings of EVP's and inadvertantly spooked myself, and I lost the guts to download the program - the guy on the site warns that when he tried the program and started using it well, he got many disturbing sounds and voices recorded and even entities calling his name. That part pretty much did me in and I dont' want to mess with it anymore.

Yah yah yah, I know, some of you are going to say, "You're going to hear what you WANT to hear." Hey now, I'm a skeptic too, but there are 2 types of EVP's - Class A and Class B. Some of those EVP's are VERY distinct while others are rather bogus to me. It's the ones that are distinct I'm more curious about.

So, if you any of you have the guts to try it, please do and let me know.

http://aaevp.com/

And yes, I'm a dork. So what? I don't like to get scared but yet find myself scaring myself anyway. Bleh!

/super-dork mode off (baseball cap is staying on)

No comments:

Post a Comment