Thursday, November 06, 2008

The definition of my quote above....

"Some things change to move us, some things change to keep us exactly where we are."

I read this to myself when I got onto my blog. I thought it through. I thought of this one day on the drive home. It's so true....I'll explain it:

There are things in our life that makes us change what we do. Sometimes, it opens doors for us that are scary, but are very much real. And then there are things that change, another door opening, that puts us right back where we started; because we were afraid. We allow the change to move us back to where we were.

The people with fear, with self-doubt...they wait for that change to move them back. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. Imagine something awesome in front of you. Imagine it to be something you've always wanted in your life. Then you start thinking a little bit and it begins to make you nervous. And then, even a little more nervous.

At this point, you have a choice; stand your ground and move forward or cower and start taking steps back. I think it's safe to say that 99% of us cower and take a step back...we're all afraid of change.

I am not.

It's the 99% that decide to step back that have the difficulty of living a fruitful life. They want to go back to their misery and pain. They pass up that beautiful and bold adventure in front of them.

I do not.

I'm not afraid.

But this is ok...it's their choice. It's their life. Go back to doing what you've always wanted to do. This is perfectly fine and if you're happy, why not? If I was a lesser person, I would be condescending, but I won't, because I'm not a lesser person. And I don't want to be judgemental. In fact, I'll support your decisions. If you're happy, then nothing else matters.

So now you see what that quote means....move forward or stay behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment