Tuesday, July 26, 2005

It took me an hour to put this....


...montage together, but well worth the time I think. The picture above represents why I've been in this mental "funk" lately - nostalgia!!! The weather out in Cali, when it's cool, reminds me of the early spring, late fall in Texas and I kinda timewarped back to when I was just a naive kid that thought girls were icky (I still kinda do). Do any of the pics look familiar to you? I guarantee, if you look closely, they'll bring back a memory or two. This was before there was so much sex on TV and the movies (Family Guy!) and which is why Family Guy is my favorite show of all time - simply put, Seth McFarland grew up when I grew up and he's got so many references, it makes it funny. Anyway, this was RIGHT before the internet blew up and CGI was something some computer nerd at MIT was jerking off to - that "cool" stuff on the movie screen was still made by using puppets and clay! GI Joe would get their collective asses whooped by the Transformers and Voltron, some English dude was a butler for some has-been baseball player, and little girls picked up swords and strawberries, rather than have a plastic house in Malibu, Guns n Roses was way cool before Axl had plastic surgery, and some dude grew up rich with a ridable train running through his house, while those chicks still stuck in the 50's tried to domesticate the 5 year olds with mini-ovens cuz that's what little girls did. I always did wonder what it would be like to ride a great white dragon through the sky and if Reeses Pieces actually attracted aliens. Way cool if you ask me; definitely NOT BOGUS. Well, before I ramble on and on about the 80's, allow me speak my Mr. Rogers thought of the day: Live life - it's way to short.

Peace. Wicked "Yah, I'd hit it" Liquid

Tomorrow? Maybe the 90's!!! (by this time, I could get it up and got laid!)

2 comments:

  1. Never Ending Story really was great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:37 AM

    GIJoe is making a comeback...SigmaSix. Verry cool looking new figures.

    ReplyDelete