Friday, August 26, 2005

Aight, you all got me fiending...........

..........raaaawrrr! Yesterdays post about missing food prompted me to continue on that them because I frankly don't want to argue about politics, religion, gas, etc - cuz EVERYONE loves food- even those anorexic people like food - so here it is - my post of restaurants that I miss!!! Again, this is a repeat warning - if you are hungry, then forgo the rest of this post - if you LIVE in Texas and have this food readily attainable, then I hate you. Really. I envy you too. Then I hate you some more. Blah! (Some of you may find this post more belonging on the travel channel. So what? I don't care. It's what I miss!)

This is Chuy's in Austin. You're gonna see me talk lots about Tex-Mex and Seafood - my all-time 2 types of favorite foods. I don't want no fancy shit - other than the crem bru le - but the stuff I like to eat, you have to get a little messy. Chuy's is straight up, one of a kind Tex-Mex; if you're ever in Austin, give them a shot; or if you prefer the old fashion stuff, give Kirby's a ring, they're all right too - anyone know which Kirby's has the all-lesbian staff? I can't remember which one that was (all the waitresses were lesbian, which I don't believe, but meh - I just went with it cuz I frankly don't give a fuck - just gimme my damn food!

Over to the right here is what I was drooling over yesterday - Pappadeaux's. Some people don't know what the big deal is with this place. Those same people are fairly stupid. I JUST read an article about a guy from the Netherlands who came to Texas and had his first "cajun" food and he was never the same again. He ended up going there like every other day for 4 months. haha! Crawfish, mud-bugs, call'em what you want - they are PIMP! Here's how to eat them (if you've NEVER had them before, then you're a virgin and you have to suck the head. If you ever come visit me and we go here, be prepared to suck the head - I WILL make you! lol)
Fort Worth!!!!!! Gawd I miss that town - I had some of the best fun of my life in the DFW area - the whole place is a little backward, but the it's unique because you have the high-end city slickers in Dallas, then a short drive later, go across on I-20 or I-30 and end up in old-school Forth Worth with the daily cattledrives through the Stockyards. There are many great places to eat, but one of my favorites - a Fort Worth staple, is Joe T. Garcia's. If you're in the DFW area or ever visited, then you KNOW what I'm talking about - their salsa is to die for. My mouth is watering just thinking about it - fresh, in the kitchen made daily, salsa. Doesn't get any better than that.

Let's step away, albeit very briefly from the Tex-Mex and try some seafood again, ok? No? Well too fucking bad because I can. Joe's Crab Shack!!!!!!!!!! Eat at Joe's damn it! They're all over Texas, but there's 2 in particular that I like - the one Kemah, which is by Galveston, and the one in Arlington, Texas - ugh - it's off the 20, but I can't remember the cross street - it's right by the BallPark. The best food? Simple - the oversized fried shrimp, crawfish, and bluecrab. I remember when it's crawfish/blue crab season, me and Muyo, hell, whoever wanted to go, would go and tear that place up - we'd have buckets upon buckets of crawfish. Ugh...it's not NEAR lunchtime and I'm hungry again. Help meeeeeeeee!

Aight, this post is gonna have to come to an end SOMETIME...I could go on and on and on about food, but at this point, I'm about 20 seconds away from getting in my truck and driving over to Arizona where there's a Taco Cabana so I can chow down. Sigh......aight, so here we go. What happens when it's late at night, you just got out of a club, or you're drunk, or high - then where the hell do you go? Taco Bell? Jack in the Box? Hell no! You go to Taco Cabana!!! LOL! Great food and it's super low priced - hell, when you're drunk or stoned or both, this place is the shit at 2 am! Plus, all the clubbing chicks go there too - there are some mighty hot girlies that hang there after the bar scene - go try any of the Taco Cabana's off of Westheimer and you'll see what I'm talking about(that's in Houston, or try the one in Austin, which is NW of the campus - you can't miss it).

I better stop. This is getting out of hand. So no one wants to Fed-Ex me some food? I asked nicely, even put the kitty pic up for the "awwww" factor, and Amanda was the only one that offered. t.t!

So...........hun..g..r...y......can..'t......t...y..pe....mu...ch........long...er........who's gonna save me?

Ciao! Wicked "Get off my craw-fish" Liquids

2 comments: