Thursday, August 18, 2005

I hate Lineage.....


I was hoping Pinky, aka PinkDust, aka OMG (haha!), would elaborate on this stuff for us, but I think she's a bit busy, so I'll do my best - I got off of lunch a bit early, so I'll post what I can and run ^^) NC Headquarters - think the Austin office is as nice? Anyone want to go with me and find out? Let's all visit! We'll all go ninja style and sneak in there and give ourselves uber HP, AC, MP and take whatever loot we can!!! (I call Kyzah!) Thanks to Simon for taking the ss's for me cuz I don't got a mac ^^ (and I don't want one either :P)



Click on the pics to make them bigger - up above are the stats for the new weaps coming out - from top to bottom - the new Crossbow, Claw, Edoryu, and Knife/Blade. If you look carefully, the Claw and the Blade are gonna be pretty heavy hitting in regrads to basic weap stats - the Claw is 20/18, +3 to hit (OUCH~!) and the blade is 17/9, +4 to hit (not too shabby - close to Tsu, but this one is a hair better). The Edoyru is ok, but hell, last time I checked, I've never seen a "weak" Edoryu - it's definitely only SLIGHTLY better than the b-ed, but I'm guessing it does better damage (b-ed's hurt enough already, so that's why I'm not giving mad props to the new Ed). The crossbow....well...it's nominal (3/3, +2,+4) again, only slightly better, so if you have a beefed up bowgun, I'd stick to that.


This damage test was the best part - and I was thoroughly impressed. The blade and crossbow were typical - even at +9, it's not uber, but COULD be decent if you add the proper str and dex - then probably somewhere in the low 30's for damage. Take a look at the claw and edoryu (the 2 middle stats - the crossbow is on the far left and the blade is on the far right - the smallest fucking stats - I call bullshit!) and you can clearly see some decent damage. The Edoryu did ONLY slightly more damage, which I found suprising - but if you look at the stats, they are very very similar. This was a pvp test, not a mop test, which would have been even more interesting. Personally, I would go with the claw - the Edoryu is nice, but you can pvp for so long - gotta find time for that hunt somewhere, right? So the Claw it is :)


The pic above and below are the new areas coming out. Just like PinkDust's site said, it's not really meant for the newbies - the page on Gameabout where I got this stuff from also shows how much exp is made solo and in groups - and it's slightly better than TOI and FI - so I expect a lot of coi/invis heal mages/bots to be tagging along with players. I wanted to also emphasize the HP bars on these players - these mops hit hard - so fair warning to those of you who want to hunt there. Some mops WILL hit you from several cells away, as the bottom picture shows - how many times has a pig whooped your ass? Come Episode 4, you'll find out. This area is primarily going to be level 50 and up. Have fun kiddies!


This is where I got this loot: Gameabout

3 comments: