Thursday, August 25, 2005

So tired and.......HUNGRY! (typical guy, right?)


I've busted my ass today and I'm tired! Not only that, I am just not quick witted at the moment so if any of you want to call me and bust on me, now's the time to do it because the only thing I can respond with at the moment is "........................................" So yah, I'm hungry at the same time but I'm not quite sure what I want - there's tons of food here in SoCal, but I'm talking about REAL food - good, southern food - hell, even the IHOP food here tastes different than from Texas or Louisiana. What am I talking about? (If you're hungry now, please stop reading, you WILL regret this............)

I miss boiled/baked blue crab from the Gulf of Mexico, boiled nice and red, spicy crawfish dipped in butter sauce with some red peppers, corn on the cob, and red-potatos, I miss grilled and blackened Salmon from Pappadeux's and filleted flounder from RockFish and their crem bru le for dessert, I miss good generic cajun food from Razzoo's - 'gator tail fried with a side of tartar sauce, hell, I miss cajun food in general - like gumbo (all types!), hell, you know - Lousiana Creole - jambalaya, red beans and rice, etouffee (OMG!!!!), and my all time favorite - BOUDIN!!!!!!!! (If you don't know what that is, you are seriously missing out!) I FREAKING MISS TEX-MEX, DAMN IT! I went to a restuarant in HB, the only place that's even remotely close to Tex-mex, but not anywhere near it. I miss Chipotle's big-ass burritto (they got them here, but they don't taste right), I miss REAL flautas, tacos, burritos, enchilads (the real ones made with pork and pork grease, not that canned shit), all made with fresh vegetables.


Sigh. Now I'm super hungry. Anyone want to Fed-Ex me some food? I think I miss home. This sucks. :( and t.t!


Ciao! Wicked "I'd hit it for a REAL taco" Liquidz

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:24 PM

    Haha that cat pic rules. I'm originally from Texas (all over) and reading all that stuff makes me miss it so much. Tex-Mex is so damn good and people up here in Oregon have no idea what it's like. There are futile attempts to re-create the flavor, but it just doesn't come close to the real thing.
    When I was in the hospital for a couple months I got my first taste of some really good cajun food. It was cool cuz I think the nurse that brought me stuff was from Louisiana. I so need to move back to Texas just so I can be fat and actually enjoy the food haha.
    Red beans n rice FTW! There was this place called Taco Cabana..and damn they had some of the best fajitas I've ever had. And it was real fajitas, not the cheap wannabe crap the pacific northwest wants to pawn off as fajitas.

    ...so hungry...thx alot haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Echo!!~ Taco Cabana is the SHIT!!!!! those freaking supreme nachos !!!! A monster size plate that weighs what? 10 pounds? LMFAO - omg I miss tex mex and you're from oregon, so you know EXACTLY what i'm talking about too! sigh.............someone mail Echo some food too ya'll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:30 PM

    oh man I just remembered another restaurant that I loved.. Pancho's. That is the best place to go if you want all you can eat Tex-Mex. Just raise your lil flag and order all you want. They had some good ass sopapillas that you could fill with honey. OMFG it makes my mouth water and my stomach ache just thinkin about it haha. I had some decent mexican food today, but it hardly compares to anything I've ever had in Texas or New Mexico.
    I fear I could go on for hours about all the great places you can eat at down there. Even the restaurants along the riverwalk in San Antonio were awesome..which is where i used to live. (san antonio, new braunfels, temple, ft. hood and amarillo)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG yah man, Pancho's is the bomb - there are so many restaurants in texas you can't find anywhere else - Riverwalk has like a billion restaurants - maybe I shouldn't have made this post - cuz now I'm gonna be jonesin' for this shit 24/7

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.o Alvi!!!!! No package yet t.t - is it lost? :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:40 AM

    Taco cabana!! omg... mmmm
    colorado dont have any of those either. >_<

    jcm800

    ReplyDelete